Third-Party Logistics (3PL) Merger, Acquisition, and Investment Advisory Services
Tap A&A’s 3PL provider insights, market knowledge, and proprietary benchmarks in pursuing your 3PL investment objectives. A&A has provided advice in 23 closed transactions. It has facilitated buy and sell side transactions, driven operational due diligence efforts, and developed industry report prospectus sections for initial public offerings.
- Utilize A&A’s market expertise to efficiently develop acquisition or merger goals and objectives.
- Benefit from A&A’s proprietary 3PL, freight forwarder, and warehousing provider databases in identifying target candidates.
- Let us arrange introductions to prospective candidates.
- A&A’s proprietary industry benchmarks and market research provides you with superior resources in performing due diligence.
- Leverage A&A’s operations and information technology expertise throughout the due diligence process.
- Ask A&A about its involvement in successful deals.
- Tap A&A’s unparalleled, detailed database of hundreds of 3PLs.
- Know target companies strengths and weaknesses prior to any contact.
- Use A&A’s primary market research and benchmarks to obtain fair market valuations.
- Receive critical appraisals of current company operations and overall market potential.
- Have the resources necessary to negotiate a well thought out deal.
Current Environment Commentary
The Three Phases of Business Problems:
Phase 1: STRATEGIC CRISIS
- During the first phase – a strategic crisis – a business is no longer able to compete effectively. Sales numbers may be stable or even growing, yet profitability has begun to decline. Very often, management has tried a new strategy, or several, without success. In some cases, management may not recognize the scope of the problem.
Phase 2: PROFIT CRISIS
- If the company does not change its course, the second stage is a profit crisis. In a profit crisis, sales are stagnating or declining, while profit margins turn markedly negative. At this point, the business starts burning through cash reserves and needs to launch a turnaround.
Phase 3: LIQUIDITY CRISIS
- Failure to do Phases 1 or 2, and continuing to burn cash, leads to a liquidity crisis. In a liquidity crisis, a business faces the fact that it may soon lack the financial resources it needs to keep operating. At this point, the management team typically loses the ability to make changes on its own. Various stakeholders, such as banks and other debt holders, will demand a say in trying to restructure the company.
Impact of COVID-19 Article:
Third-Party Logistics Provider (3PL) Market
Are you interested in selling your third-party logistics company? A&A works with many firms interested in acquiring or funding the expansion of existing 3PL operations. If you are interested in selling or finding equity funding for your third-party logistics company, please fill out the Confidential Contact Request form.