Senior Consulting Director
STATEMENT OF PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Jim has built a 30-year career in marketing and communications, including 20 within the logistics industry. As a Senior Consulting Director he specializes in marketing services to help logistics businesses drive awareness and market share. His expertise includes strategic planning, brand positioning, advertising, public relations, website strategy and design, and development of white papers, case studies and other collateral. Jim specializes in the planning and implementation of comprehensive inbound marketing programs.
He has worked with both smaller, regional logistics companies and multi-billion dollar global firms, all of whom benefit from his unique combination of marketing expertise and logistics industry knowledge.
Jim has developed a proven marketing strategy for generating more awareness and sales leads for logistics brands.
Jim’s consulting work has fostered the following accomplishments:
- For a large, regional warehousing and trucking company, used content marketing strategy to increase web conversions from 37/month to over 100/month within a year. The strategy drove a 20% increase in qualified leads to the sales team.
- For a national reverse logistics company, increase registrants to their website 34% over a three-year period and helped increase sales 35%.
- For a national 3PL, rebuilt website and online strategy to increase qualified leads from a handful to over 50 per months, while increasing site traffic nearly 300%.
- For a regional distribution services company, increased web traffic 500% through improved SEO and targeted pay-per-click advertising. Strategy supported increase in sales – 20% CAGR over 5-year period.
- For a national fulfillment company, implemented digital marketing strategy that, in 12 months, boosted search traffic 48% and site conversions 380%.
Jim began his logistics industry career with USCO Logistics, where he served as Director of Marketing and Corporate Communications, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, and Vice President of Marketing. He continued in senior marketing positions with the company after USCO’s 2001 purchase by Kuehne + Nagel and led the 2003 transition from USCO Logistics to the new Kuehne + Nagel Contract Logistics brand.
Jim was the prime marketing strategist in repositioning USCO Logistics from a second-tier warehouse services provider to a top-tier, full-service provider of integrated logistics services. His efforts helped drive a 33% CAGR from 1997 to 2001 and set the stage for the 2001 purchase of the company by Kuehne + Nagel. Among Jim’s accomplishments at USCO:
- Helped grow revenue from $85 million in 1997 to $259 million in 2001.
- Started inside sales group that increased field sales productivity by qualifying early-stage prospects.
- Reduced cost-per-lead by 25%
Prior to USCO, Jim was account supervisor at a large advertising and public relations agency, where he planned and implemented communications programs for business-to-business and consumer clients across a range of industries.
Jim holds a Masters Degree in Communications from Fordham University and has been an active member of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals, the International Warehouse Logistics Association and the Warehousing Education and Research Council. His hobbies include running (including multiple marathons).
This information is provided for the sole purpose of evaluating Armstrong & Associates, Inc. key personnel for proposed consulting engagements; other use is strictly prohibited.