Centralized Transportation Management Programs Including UPS, FedEx, LTL and TL Negotiations
A&A personnel have been assisting clients with transportation management programs for over 25 years. A&A’s service includes both carrier contract negotiation through a request for proposal (RFP) bid process, or through individual contract negotiations. Since A&A is not a 3PL, all carriers contract directly with your company.
A&A’s typical carrier RFP bid process is as follows:
- A&A will help develop standardized company information detailing your commodity mix, shipping patterns and transportation needs.
- A&A will develop a standard shipper/carrier contract to meet your company’s needs. (If you do not have a standard transportation contract, you are playing the the carriers’ rules, not yours.)
- Specific key performance indicators (KPIs) are negotiated and included in the final contract.
- A&A will prepare a comprehensive request for proposal (RFP) detailing the proposed transportation needs and the required terms and conditions.
- A&A will review carrier bid responses and provide transportation provider selection recommendations.
- A&A can facilitate in negotiating final contract terms and preparing and implementing contracts.
- A&A can develop an online carrier routing guide and carrier contract download site for your internal company use.
- Typically savings of over 10% can be realized by centralizing your transportation pricing and leveraging your company’s overall spend.
- A&A’s process provides clients with a precisely coordinated “game plan” that results in successful negotiations.
- Class rates, fuel surcharges and accessorial charges are standardized.
- Targeted key performance indicators (KPIs) are built into your transportation contracts.
- Once the logistics contract is signed, seamless implementation is a must. A&A’s seasoned personnel can help resolve issues precedent to start-up and monitor the results that follow.